TEXTURAS Y ACABADOS S.A.C.
GOOD PRACTICES PROGRAM FOR FAIR TRADE
We are a company dedicated to the production of garments and accessories made from alpaca, cotton, and blends, targeted towards the international market. We develop our proposal with fabric presentations on state-of-the-art machines, complemented by hand-finished details such as embroidery and applications. Our commitment is to consistently apply and promote fair trade practices with our collaborators, suppliers, customers, and the community at large. We uphold gender equality and advocate for women’s rights. We use raw materials sourced from sustainable and renewable origins.
“We are specialists in manufacturing eco-friendly pieces.”
¿WHAT IS THE GOOD PRACTICES PROGRAM FOR FAIR TRADE?
Fair trade seeks to encourage responsible and sustainable production and trade models, as well as opportunities for improvement for farmers, peasants, and artisans facing educational, economic, and social disadvantages compared to the rest of the market.
THE 10 PRINCIPLES OF GOOD FAIR-TRADE PRACTICES
1 – Creation of opportunities for local communities.
2 – Internal and external transparency.
3 – Fair trade practices.
4 – Capacity strenghtening.
5 – Sensibilization about fair trade.
6 – Fair price payment.
7 – Equal treatment.
8 – Good working conditions.
9 – No child labour.
10 – Respect for the environment.
PROBLEMATIC IN DISCUSSION
- The main objective is to achieve a fair exchange in between producers and consumers, based on an equitable relationship.
- Any form of exploitation is rejected, especially child exploitation (below 18 years of age).
- We seek to promote equality and equity on labor and economic conditions, no matter the gender, race, social condition, etc.
- One of the main premises of fair trade is sustainability, ensuring that resources don’t become depleted by respectful processes with the environment.
BENEFITS OF GOOD FAIR-TRADE PRACTICES
- Fair and competitive salaries.
- Improvements in the work environment.
- Gender equality.
- Prohibition of child labor and exploitation.
- Access to more favorable trade conditions.
- Contribute to reducing disparities through its acquisitions.
Another fundamental objective of fair trade is to seek responsible consumption since it directly affects our development as a business and community.
Sustainable development is any process capable of solving demands without putting at risk raw materials and future generations.
Sustainable and responsible trade is the interchange of goods and services that promote benefits for society, the economy, and the environment, aligned with the principles of sustainable development.
PROMPERU seeks to promote sustainability criteria in export companies as differentiating elements in the exportable offer, and to contribute to increasing their competitiveness to reach international markets.